The National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) in collaboration with the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the National Research Fund (FNI) of Mozambique will host the 3rd Joint Research Symposium from 12th – 15th May, 2020, in Maputo. The symposium provides a platform for researchers, scientists, and science administrators to share ideas, discuss key issues and developments in multi and interdisciplinary areas, with the aim of igniting networks among scientists and researchers in the participating countries and possible development of joint research projects.
The symposium will be focused on Public Health. Conference sessions will be organized around multiple sub-themes as follows:
- Infectious Diseases (i.e. malaria, HIV, Pneumonia and other previously prominent infections)
- Enhanced disease intelligence including functional anti-microbial resistance surveillance, rational use of drugs etc.
- New vaccines for remaining infectious pathogens (i.e. typhoid, shigella, ETECH, Viral hepatitis, etc.)
- New and emerging infectious and epidemic threats vigilance (i.e. Ebola, Zika, H1N1 virus, Chikungunya, Mayaro, Dengue etc.)
- Non-communicable diseases (i.e. Hypertension, diabetes, mental health, oral health and cancers).
- Health system improvements to specifically adapt to tackling NCDs as it has traditionally/historically responded only to infectious disease
- Health system strengthening
- service delivery
- health workforce,
- health information systems,
- access to essential medicines, financing,
- Neonatal care to combat neonatal morbidity and mortality
- Research and development of products to improve maternal mortality
- Animal Human Interface diseases
Interested participants are invited to submit Abstracts of papers in any of the above sub-themes.
Abstracts must be structured as follows:
- Short biography with photo (not more than 100 words)
- Contact details (address, phone number, email)
- Abstract (not more than 300 words)
Abstracts must be submitted in Word via e-mail to: email@example.com. The closing date for submission of abstracts is 20th December, 2019.
All abstracts shall undergo peer review by a Review Committee and submitting authors will be notified of the acceptance status of their abstracts in the beginning of January.
Important: This call is open for professionals that hold a PhD degree or are finalizing their PhD only. For any further details and inquiries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +258 21 724 917 Mrs. Dirce Madeira or Ms. Paula Dias.